Mortgage Underwriters & Loan Originators; see details on both positions below:
As a Mortgage Underwriter your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and evaluate information on mortgage loan documentation to determine if borrower and/or property meet loan standards
- Complete a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor, and government guidelines and standards
- Evaluate the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensure an “investor” quality loan product
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Communicate decision (approval, suspense, denial) on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing
- Be available to processors and loan officers for general guideline interpretations and questions on specific loan files
- Continually exhibit an understanding of automated underwriting and guidelines
- Check accuracy of all calculations
- 3-5 years current experience as a mortgage underwriter
- Experience and complete knowledge of FHA/VA lending guidelines preferred
- Superior customer services skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail required
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- A team player, ability to work independently
- Thrive in a fast paced, high production environment
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Solid computer skills; including Microsoft Office products, Calyx Point is a plus
- A competitive salary package
- Top medical and dental plans where MSA pays 65% or the premium and 100% of the dental
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Life, disability, cancer and accident insurance
- Training and career advancement opportunities
- Generous time off benefits and 10 paid holidays
- Casual working environment
- Discretionary Bonuses
|Career Level Required||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
|Experience Required||2+ to 5 Years|
|Education Required||High School or equivalent|
|Job Status||Full Time|
Laura Stoupakis |Director of Operations
5 Fremont Street, Winthrop, MA 02152
Phone: 781.486.7106 | email: LStoupakis@msamortgage.com
Experienced Loan Originators
Are you tired of fighting against your own company to get loans closed in a timely manner?
Tired of being told you have to take a 45, 60 or even a 90 day lock to close a refinance loan?
Tired of begging for favors to get a condition cleared to meet a contingency date on a purchase loan?
Tired of having your good reputation hurt because you are not getting the support you deserve?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please call or email us to find out how our company allows Loan Officers to focus on doing what they do best – originating.
MSA Mortgage, LLC was built by Originators, for Originators. Our Best In Class Operations team processes new underwrites, clears conditions and closes loans, each within 24-48 hours of receipt, regardless of market conditions. Throughout the last 24 months, as volume reached unprecedented levels, we have maintained these service levels without exception. Our average time to close for refinance transactions over the last 24 months is well under 30 days, with many seeing CTC’s in less than 10 days. When is the last time you could consistently count on CTC’s prior to the contingency date on purchases? If you manage your borrowers efficiently, you will once again control your own destiny at MSA.
Imagine how much more volume you will close in this environment and…
- Get paid faster
- Grow your business instead of babysitting an artificially inflated pipeline
- Field fewer renegotiation requests due to loans being in process for 60 days or more
- Be the hero with your referral sources
We are looking for a limited number of experienced and efficient Loan Officers that have the potential to leverage the opportunity that these historically low rates present, given the right environment.
Call or email Bob Deeb at 781-245-7700 firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this refreshing opportunity.